[collectd] Device names in collection.cgi for hddtemp and df graphs?

Tue Apr 10 15:31:57 CEST 2007

Hello Aggelos,

thanks for your patches for the `collection.cgi', I'll have a look at it
as soon as I have some more time..

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 01:11:27PM +0300, Aggelos Orfanakos wrote:
> I've patched disk.c and hddtemp.c to display disk/partition names and
> it seems to work.

The problem with changing the filenames is that that breaks backwards
compatibility. So for version 3 this should be `fixed' without changing
the filenames, e. g. by resolving the named in `collection.cgi'.

Version 4 already does use the disk-name as `type instance'. If you
don't have many RRD-files with much data in them and you don't want to
use collectd in a production environment, it's be easiest if you'd use
the new version and save yourself from having to migrate a lot of data.
;)

> During my brief exposure to disk.c and hddtemp.c, I don't remember
> seeing any #include's for stdio.h (my code depends on it). Is this
> intentional, and if yes why? Maybe to reduce a possible overhead?

`stdio.h' is included in `src/collectd.h'. collectd surely wouldn't
compile without it, there are lots of `fgets' and `fprintf' calls ;)