[collectd] collectd on hppa

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Sep 26 22:55:26 CEST 2006

Hi Alex,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:09:06PM +0200, Alexander Krogloth wrote:
> but there is the following error:
>
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies:
> debhelper (>=3D 5) libmysqlclient14-dev librrd2-dev libsensors-dev
> liboping-dev (> 0.3.3)
>
> any ideas how to get rid of this problem? or another way to install
> collectd on debain (with a package, not only the source ...)

You need to install the missing packages to be able to build collectd
and all it's modules. The needed packages are, as reported in the above
message:
- debhelper
- libmysqlclient14-dev
- librrd2-dev
- libsensors-dev
- liboping-dev

Since `librrd2-dev' and `liboping-dev' are not in Debian sarge you will
need to get them from backports.org, I assume.

If you built the package I'd be great if you were able to provide that
for backports.org. I'm sure Sebastian can tell you if that's possible
and what you'd need to do.