[collectd] processes plugin is filling syslog with "Cannot open /proc/*/stat:..."

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Fri Oct 27 11:55:54 CEST 2006

Hi Lubos,

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:46:08AM +0200, Lubo?? Stan??k wrote:
> Oct 27 04:03:54 server collectd[procnum]: Cannot open
> `/proc/<procnum>/stat': No such file or directory

this bug is already fixed in the repository. The next version will
behave better :)

> Anyway I have had to replace the sysklogd with syslog-ng for enhanced
> filtering capabilities. Thanks guys for such kick. :)

Since the severity of those messages is only `NOTICE' you could likely
have used that to filter them out. I have found that most distributions
don't filter any messages in their default config, not even `DEBUG'
rendering this functionality next to useless :/