[collectd] 3.10.1 - proposed patch to extend sensors plugin FIXED

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 26 16:02:30 CEST 2006

Hi Florian,
thank you for understanding.

> no problem, I didn't merge anything yet ;) I will merge these changes
> tomorrow or on the weekend.

I tested the patch at least 4 hours in Local and Server-Client modes and
also with ExtendedSensorNaming and without for about 8 hours. It worked
without a trouble.

> If you find more problems, please just send a follow-up patch, i. e. a patch
> the assumes that your latest patch has
> been applied.

Yes, I have found 2 minor ones.
No, this time it is not in the code, it works well, but in the
documentation and cgi.
I think that you could change both files by hand without a patch. Thanks
in advance.

1) The collectd.pod template lists plugins' DSs. I forgot to mention the
second used DS. So finally the lm_sensors's DSs enumeration should
contain 2 of them:
	DS:value:GAUGE:HEARTBEAT:U:U
	DS:voltage:GAUGE:HEARTBEAT:U:U

2) collection.cgi
The LINE1 is labeled "Value" and should probably be labeled
"Temperature" in the "temperature" GraphDef (like in "hddtemp").

> Since I have to finish a project at work I won't have time to test your
> patch throughoughly before the weekend, I'm afraid :/

Do not hurry, everything wants its time.
I trust the code. :) I am running the patched version of course.

Best regards,
Lubos