[collectd] collectd-ping: will not retry hostname lookup after startup

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Oct 25 14:49:10 CEST 2006

Hi again,

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 05:14:32PM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> please find attached a patch to improve the behavior. Since the
> removal from the linked list is somewhat tricky, I'd appreciate it if
> someone could double-check the code.. I've tested it so the extend
> possible without actually removing/adding entries from a zonefile.

as far as I've heard the patch works okay.. If you have experienced any
problems please let me know _now_, before I merge the branch.

Apparently the problem Simon has here is, that his resolv.conf is
changed _after_ collectd has been started. As far as I know this is the
libc's business and I am not to fiddle with it. I. e. it's the libc's
responsibility to reread the file when it changes.

Has anyone any idea how Simon's problem could be resolved? I for one am
out of ideas.