[collectd] librrd needs now libpng

Niki W Waibel niki.waibel at wipro.com
Fri Nov 24 11:52:24 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:23:26 +0100 Florian Forster wrote:
> I didn't find a `rrd-config' script that could be used to automatically
> get needed libraries. Did I look in the wrong places?

you are right, tobias does not provide any configure stuff for rrdtool.
but you can easily build in the -lpng check:
===
AC_CHECK_LIB(rrd, rrd_update,
[
	AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBRRD, 1, [Define to 1 if you have the rrd
library (-lrrd).]) ],
[
	AC_CHECK_LIB(rrd, rrd_update,
	[
		AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBRRD, 1, [Define to 1 if you have the
rrd library (-lrrd).]) ],
	[
		with_rrdtool="no (librrd not found)"
	],[-lm -lpng])
], [-lm])
===

*UNTESTED*, due to lack of time! -- maybe you have to use
	AC_DEFINE (HAVE_LIBRRD, ...
only once in configure.in... (then you need to define a variable).

afair, about a year ago, i rewrote the collectd tests (i was working
on a quota plugin for the veritas fs). then i started a diploma and
i had to stop it. by the end of this year i'll finish it and will
have more time (fbuild.sf.net/monitoring.pdf, if you're interested).

rds, niki