[collectd] Monitoring itself

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 17:33:26 CET 2006

Hi,
I will probably get the reputation of the permanent nagger. :)

I have thought about monitoring the collectd server itself. The
interesting stats would be the time spent in the plugin's read and write
functions in the local mode or network load in the server mode.
It could be configurable by the configure script in both non- and debug
build.

I will try to implement it for my own testing purposes. I want to
profile the ignore list with and without regex functions.

Best regards,
Lubos

P.S.: I do not ask for help but opinions whether somebody would consider
it useful.