[collectd] NTPd-plugin et alii: Future improvements

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 6 12:13:18 CET 2006

Hi Florian,

Florian Forster napsal(a):
> Hi Lubos,
>
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:14:59PM +0100, Lubo?? Stan??k wrote:
>> BTW I do not like to see the ntpd plugin collecting stats for the
>> ntpd's local time broadcast. You mentioned at several places that your
>> time resources are short. Should I implement the ServerPeer and
>> IgnoreSelected for the ntpd plugin?
>
> sure, if you want to have that, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't
> accept such a patch ;) However, I think that many plugins would profit
> from such a mechanismn, so it'd be very handy to have some generic code
> for that. That code could, for example, reside in `utils_ignore.[ch]'
> and provide an abstract interface, such as `ignore_{create,add,match}'.
>
> Regards,
> -octo

I will try it.

Do you mean something like this?

struct collectlist
{
	int num;
	int ignore;
	char **list
} collectlist;

with functions

int collectlist_init(struct collectlist *list);
int collectlist_add(struct collectlist *list, char *inst);
int collectlist_check(struct collectlist *list, char *inst);
int collectlist_free(struct collectlist *list);

Best regards,
Lubos