[collectd] ntpd plugin complaining [FIXED finally]

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 5 16:14:59 CET 2006

Hi Florian,
there is no need to thank so much.

I hope that we both are not the only users of the ntpd plugin.

I was confused by the IPv6 like error and our discussion about IPv6 and
ntpd. The time was short in fact. When I finished studying the ntpd
code, how it would send a response in my case, the next look-in at the
debug log and the plugin code revealed the truth.

I like collectd and I want to use it. It is the valuable administration
tool. I want this tool to be as foolproof as it can be to put it on
anywhere. It is the system service and it must be as safe as possible.

BTW I do not like to see the ntpd plugin collecting stats for the ntpd's
local time broadcast. You mentioned at several places that your time
resources are short. Should I implement the ServerPeer and
IgnoreSelected for the ntpd plugin?

Best regads,
Lubos