[collectd] FC4, collectd, lm_sensors and hddtemp

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Mar 2 21:56:09 CET 2006

Hi Jeffrey,

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 12:26:53PM -0800, Green Cafe wrote:
> When I run ./configure
> I get
> 'configure: error: librrd could not be found. Be sure to install rrdtool
> first!'
>
> librrd is installed however.

first, you are using an very outdated version of collectd. Up to date
versions compile cleanly without librrd, though such binaries are
(obviously) limited to client-mode.

Other than that please make sure that the development packages are
installed too. On my long gone RedHat 7 box those packages were called
`lm_sensors-devel' and `rrdtool-devel'.

If those packages are installed and the configure script still failes to
find the libraries try giving that paths manually. Look for the files
named `rrd.h' and/or `sensors.h'. Their path should look like this:
  /path/to/include/rrd.h
  /path/to/include/sensors/sensors.h
Run `configure' with `--with-rrdtool=/path/to' and/or
`--with-lm-sensors=/path/to', where `/path/to' is the directory in which
the `include' directory can be found. This may be different for librrd
and libsensors.