[collectd] collectd + freebsd 6.1

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Jun 3 10:48:24 CEST 2006

Hi Saulius,

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 11:34:11AM +0300, Saulius wrote:
> It looks like collectd doesn't understand where freebsd stores its
> libraries and includes.

no, it doesn't.. Knowing that kind of stuff is the compiler's job ;) If
you don't have `/usr/local/include' in the system's (default) include
path, you have to tell the configure script explicitely where to find
header files and libraries.

Try running the configure script as follows:
  $ ./configure --with-libstatgrab=/usr/local $OTHER_OPTIONS_FOLLOW

Alternatively you can do the following (it's more generic and doesn't
rely on certain configure options to be defined:
  $ ./configure CFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib'

So, it's all analogous to the ``How to I use --with-rrdtool?'' entry in
the FAQs..