[collectd] problems with ping and unreachable hosts

Wolfgang Kroener wk at azog.de
Sun Jul 16 10:58:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 18:41:51, Florian Forster wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the problem.

I ping a ipv6-only address, when i do a
`ip -6 route del default dev eth0`
the problem occurs. After reconfiguration of the interface data
collecting works again.
This also occurs with `Network unreachable' ipv4-hosts.

> Do you use the version of
> `liboping' that's shipped with collectd or a seperate installation?

I am using the liboping from verplant.org (0.2.2). It is obvious, that
pinging that host with oping results in
`ping_sendto: Network is unreachable'

> What other plugins do you use?

I am using the plugins cpu, cpufreq, hddtemp, load, memory, ntpd, ping,
processes, sensors and traffic.

Regards, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Kroener              ooo       /|    |\