[collectd] 3.7.0 not working in my setup :-(

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Feb 1 16:22:37 CET 2006

Hi Jan,

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:30:52PM +0100, Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> I just upgraded the packages I have installed (debian) and found the
> 3.7.0 version of collectd not to be working in my setup. Was there a
> change from the 3.5.1 version (excluding mysql support) which could
> cause this?

Hm, that depends on your setup.. Have you changed the configfile at
`/etc/collectd.conf'? Are you using the `Local' mode? What plugins are
you using? Are there any messages in the syslog?

> Oh, Florian, could you keep the 3.5.2-1 version in the software tree
> so people can downgrade with the apt-get install collectd=3.5.2-1
> command? (or if soneone has the packages to download...)

> They can be downloaded via the url, but it would be nice tho... ;-)

`dpkg-scanpackage' does not include multiple version of the same
package, which is the reason for them not being included in the
`Packages.gz' file. I didn't get around to upgrade from my homebrown
solution to a `real' one, but I'll try to do this asap. This will
hopefully solve this..

> Hmmm, i just tried a roll-back to 3.5.2-1 and even 3.5.1-1, but both
> failed.

How did they fail?

> I'm currently missing a verbose or debug option to trigger some extra
> logging. Florian, could you enable an option like this. (I suspect
> you're not testing without somethink like this)

You can compile with `--enable-debug' to enable debugging output. Since
the code for this hasn't been there from the start the amount of debug
you'll get depends on the module ;)

However, whenever anything significant happends collectd reports this to
`syslog'. If collectd failes and there isn't a note about it in the
syslog please let me know, since I consider this to be a bug..