[collectd] First alpha version of SA Plugin

Sat Dec 2 21:43:50 CET 2006

Alexander Wirt schrieb am Samstag, den 02. Dezember 2006:

> Hi folks,
>
> today I had a little bit time to create a first version the the SA plugin
> that feeds Sebastians email collectd plugin. This is considered as an early
> alpha as I didn't had the time to test it on a live system, but it shouldn't
> break anything. It has been tested under Debian Sid with SA 3.1.7. If you are
> brave you can give it a try :), expect some deeper testing of me this
> weekend. Installation of the plugin is very simple: Just copy the .pm into
> your SA Plugin path (e.g. /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/) and add
> a loadplugin call into your init.pre file. See the internal documentation
> (pod2text Collectd.pm) for all available options.
>
> If you want to give it a try use svn to checkout the code:
> svn co http://ned.snow-crash.org:8080/svn/spamassassin-collectd/trunk
Ok, I have it now productive and it seems to work fine, but I have some
feature requests for the collectd plugin:

- the gid, or the permissions or both have to be configurable. I had to
  recompile the plugin to get it fit into my mailsystem.
- I have some mailsystems which tend to receive 7000 mail/minute, for this
  systems the maximum of 5 connections to the socket could be a little bit
  too small ;), this has to be configurable too.

But otherwise it seems to work fine :).

ned:/var/lib/collectd/email# ls
email-ham.rrd                  spam_check-BODY_ENHANCEMENT2.rrd    spam_check-HTML_SHORT_LINK_IMG_2.rrd      spam_check-RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET.rrd
email-spam.rrd                 spam_check-EXTRA_MPART_TYPE.rrd     spam_check-MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART.rrd        spam_check-RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL.rrd
email_size-ham.rrd             spam_check-FORGED_RCVD_HELO.rrd     spam_check-MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY.rrd     spam_check-RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL.rrd
email_size-spam.rrd            spam_check-FRONTPAGE.rrd            spam_check-MIME_HTML_MOSTLY.rrd           spam_check-RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB.rrd
spam_check-AWL.rrd             spam_check-HTML_10_20.rrd           spam_check-MIME_HTML_ONLY.rrd             spam_check-RCVD_IN_XBL.rrd
spam_check-BAD_ENC_HEADER.rrd  spam_check-HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_12.rrd   spam_check-RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100.rrd     spam_check-URIBL_JP_SURBL.rrd
spam_check-BAYES_00.rrd        spam_check-HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_02.rrd  spam_check-RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100.rrd  spam_check-URIBL_SC_SURBL.rrd
spam_check-BAYES_99.rrd        spam_check-HTML_MESSAGE.rrd         spam_check-RAZOR2_CHECK.rrd               spam_score.rrd

I haven't build any graphs, that will be done later.

Alex