[collectd] configure option --with-rrdtool

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Fri Apr 7 16:40:13 CEST 2006

Hello David,

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 07:23:55AM -0700, cydvd at autistici.org wrote:
> i'm actually trying to write the named plugin.

Interesing :) How do you get named stats? I mean, is there another way
than `rndc stats' and then reading the stats-file?

> I've correctly installed rrdtool 1.2.11 from sources, i've tried to
> specify the configure option "--with-rrdtool=<PATH>" in various way,

You have to set PATH to the `prefix' used when compiling rrdtool, which
is `/opt/rrdtool-$version' by default. To be more specific: The
configure-script looks for `rrd.h' in `$PATH/include' and the library
objects in `$PATH/lib'. If that doesn't work, please upload the
`config.log' to somewhere accessible or send it to me (not the list
please; the file is too big for that).