[collectd] RESUBMIT: Patch: collectd 3.0.0 hddtemp support

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Oct 13 09:50:34 CEST 2005

Hi Vincent,

I finally found some time to have a look at your patch. It applied
nicely (after kicking out all the changes to `Makefile.in' and the
like).

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 03:10:19PM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:08:27PM +0200, Vincent Stehlé wrote:
> > [...] hddtemp support is ok, if I got your read/submit/write system
> > correctly.

You did ;)

> > What do you think? Shall we include the sender host name in the rrd
> > filename, like hddtemp-A-%dev%hda.rrd?

I will do some modifications to the filenames:
- The `inst' (or `instance') part should be ready to use when passed to
  the `write' function, so all the modifications on it should be done
  before doing the `submit'.
- Regarding the `disk' and `partition' stuff I'd be consistent to change
  the device-filename (`/dev/hda' e.g.) to `<major>-<minor>'. This would
  require reading `/proc/partition' (under Linux) which could be done in
  the `init' function..
- Otherwise (if not changing to the major-minor-format, I'm not entirely
  sure jet which one I like better ;) I'd pass the device-filename to
  `basename' (which would return `hda' e.g.) and use that..

I've checked in the patched version to the SVN repository. I'll propably
start with the above modifications later today. If you have further
modifications please diff against release 188 or later or, if you don't
have access to SVN, against the version you used to generate this patch
(`collectd--vincent--0.1--patch-3')

Best regards :)