[collectd] Version 3.4.0 released

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Nov 28 08:50:03 CET 2005

Good morning,

I've just uploaded the new version, 3.4.0, to the website. I've applied
- David Bacher's changes to build without librrd,
- Poter Holik's `cpufreq' patch,
- Alvaro Barcellos' `no daemonization' patch and
- the PID file patch from the gentoo folks.

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 12:54:11PM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> I still need to apply the build-without-librrd patch, write Solaris
> support for the `nfs' module and polish the `collection.cgi' script.

I didn't have time to dig into the Solaris issue, but the
`collection.cgi' has been improved. I still doesn't have much
documentation, though.

> Further down on the todo list are Linux support for the `tape' module
> and splitting the debian package even more (basically one package per
> module) or implement some other way of specifying which modules to
> load.

With such specialized modules as `cpufreq' or `serial' it's not very
advisable to always install all possible modules. Therefore I've split
up the (Debian) package into pieces with one package for each module.
This is admittedly not the best solution, but it'll do till I am certain
what to do.. Any thoughts on this?

> As always, bugreports and other feedback is welcome :)

Of course, this is still true ;)

Best regards,