[collectd] More NFS4 confusion (was: nfs client stats)

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Fri Nov 4 10:40:45 CET 2005

Hi,

> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:54:45AM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> > ..., an eventual NFS4 Graph will have 30 or 32 DS' (the RFC talks
> > about 32 procedures, but my workstation shows only 30 fields..)
> > Guess I'll have to dig through the kernel sources for this one..

better yet: The RFC talks about 38 procedures, I see 33 in Linux 2.6.14,
Jason has said he sees 32 on his box and I see 30 on my client machine.
On my NFS server I only have 2 for some reason.. I think I will not
support NFS4 for that reason until I know what's going on.. Maybe NFS4
support for Solaris is easy and reasonably documented, than I will
support that of course..

Just to let you know what's going on.. I hope to get the new realease
out today..