[collectd] How to store MySQL statistics?

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Dec 20 17:35:24 CET 2005

Hi :)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 05:14:49PM +0100, Niki Waibel wrote:
> yes, that could be done. sthg like
>         quota-u100-niki-_.rrd
>         quota-g500-users-_.rrd
> but for me it is more logically sorted in the fs
> if the actual name would come first...

I also think using the filesystem hierarchy for this should be okay.
After all, quotas are usually not found in tiny setups.. Also, sorting
it like follows makes sense, imho:
  quota/group/500-users/quota-mnt_foo.rrd
  quota/user/100-niki/quota-home_niki.rrd

That's by the way the conversion I've used in the `df' plugin to
convert mountpoints into `instance' names:
  if mountpoint == `/'
  then
    instance = `root'
  else
    instance = mountpoint
    remove leading slash
    replace all slashes with underscores
  end if

Are there people who use underscores in mountpoints? Is there a better
character than underscore? UNIX leaves one with pretty liberal
restrictions on filenames ;) We could play BHFH (`H' like hacker ;) and
use `*' as a seperator. That's hardly ever used in a path ;)