[collectd] users plugin

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Dec 6 08:58:26 CET 2005

Hi :)

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:17:10PM +0100, Niki Waibel wrote:
> i remember some older versions of solaris (sol8?) had problems with
> [uw]tmp{x}?.

According to the Solaris expert at work this must have been a _long_
time ago. Solaris has been using utmpx for many years now and the
running out version 8 is using it too.. (I found a message from 1996 on
sunmanagers.org where a user asks utmpx specific questions, too)

But since it's not hard to do I've added checks and some code so the
users plugin works with utmp, too..