[collectd] lua plugin

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Nov 23 22:20:10 CET 2010

Hi again,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 09:33:23PM +0100, Schmurfy wrote:
> > I'd go for a variant of the first option: Simply do a normal check for
> > the library using autoconf and link with libtool.
> >
> I will certainly need your help on this ;)

no problem ;) While I still don't particularly *like* autoconf, I at
least learned to work with it. I'll look into it as soon as I find some
time for it.

> > I'd like a comment on the (apparently common) "other languages should be
> > statically linked" misconception: […]
> >
> As far as i am am concerned it was more a thought than a deeply
> anchored misconception ^^

Sorry, I think I got carried away there … I worked with another project
for a while and those guys insisted on pulling in the sources of their
tiny language (Squirrel in that case).

> I just wish to find a way that makes the installation painless for
> users.

In my experience that's synonymous to "make the package maintainer
happy" ;)

Best regards,
—octo
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15