[collectd] "Redesign" of the Debian collectd package

Raimund Sacherer rs at runsolutions.com
Thu Oct 1 09:39:53 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

IMO this is basically what I wanted.

If I understand correctly it's going to be:

Szenario 1: just sending some information to our centralized server:
apt-get install collectd-core
Szenario 2: setup my centralized server: apt-get install collectd

I thought that collectd-core might be misleading at first sight if I
want only the most basic functionality, but
thinking about it, could not come up with a better idea either, so, I
find the change very welcome, hope it will be out soon!

Thanks for listening to user-feedback, makes us (at least me) feel
appreciated :-)

best

--
Raimund Sacherer
-
Email: rs at runsolutions.com
tel: 625 40 32 08

Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol
Edificio Estel - Local 3D
07121 -  Palma de Mallorca
Baleares