[collectd] nut plugin - battery.runtime problem

Michael Poetters michael at poetters.net
Thu Apr 2 17:00:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:49:24 +0200
Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:

> ideally, all times are stored in seconds because this makes conversion
> so much easier… What makes you think collectd uses minutes?

Hi Florian, hi list,

the collection.cgi makes me think collectd uses minutes,
because there is the timeleft GraphDef which is captioned with
"Minutes" but does not include any CDEF :)

Does any other plugin rely on timeleft with native scale minute?
Otherwise i would suggest to add the CDEF's / 60 for the values.

> As for the 0—3600 range: This is probably a bit short for big UPSes.
> What'd be a better timerange? I. e. how long can a UPS keep up at the
> most? A week?

Hm, good question. I would suggest at least 86400 sec (ergo 1 day).
My Powerware 5105 reaches nearly 8000secs @ 1% load.

Greetings
Michael "ratte" Poetters