[yaala] feature request

Florian Forster yaala@verplant.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:44:23 +0100

--0z5c7mBtSy1wdr4F

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:20:37PM +0600, qMax wrote:
> q> Need 4D tables (to split table into separate pages),

I actually thought about 4- and n-dimensional tables before, but I
didn't expect anyone would need it and it'd scare away novice users.
However, it's not hard to implement at all :)

So this changes my todo list for the next (unstable) release to:
- sorting
- title for pages
- n-dimensional tables

(I want to get the other patches/fixes in a bugfix (stable) release)

> q> and skipped axes (kinda "BY foo,,bar" or "BY foo,,,bar").

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean with ``skipped axis''. One
interpretation that'd make sense would be:
Since you can only draw 1-d and 2-d tables in HTML you have to display
n-dimensional tables as (n/2) two-dimensional tables and (if applicable)
one one-dimensional table.
With a ``skipped axis'' (.. BY foo,,bar) yaala would draw two
one-dimensional tables.
In your example above (BY foo,,,bar) the first table would be vertical,
the second one (displaying bar) would be horizontal..

Is that what you mean?

> I can easily implement 4D or ever ND tables,

I'd highly appreciate a patch for this, since my time right now is
_very_ limited :(

Since this is all layout-stuff the neccessary files should be in
lib/Yaala/Reports, most likely in ``Combined.pm''..

Also, could you enlighten me, what exactly your patch for
``classic_skip_empty'' does? It didn't make much sense to me this
weekend..

Regards :)
-octo
--=20