Re[2]: [yaala] resolve ip addresses

qmax yaala@verplant.org
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:49:56 +0600

On Friday, December 06, 2002, 4:03:42 AM, Florian wrote:
FF> Um, no. yaala doesn't resolve any hostnames at the moment, so you will
FF> have to have your webserver or proxy do that.
oops... havent seen this reply :)

FF> However, the 'resolvable' fields are recognizable by the Data module, so
FF> an extension which would resolve (IPv4) adresses can easily be integrated.
This, again, requires parser to provide data of type 'host'.
I've wrote datatype structure for squid parser (in yaala-qmax),
but other modules still have to be fixed.

Then additional (global) config option will affect formatting data of this
type.

Continuing host resolving idea, maybe also to make usernames to
resolve to GECOS data from passwd ? :)

--
qMax