[yaala] yaala 0.5.3 - reverse lookups

Florian Forster yaala@verplant.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:38:42 -0500

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

Hi :)

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:52:07PM -0800, Hugo Carvalho wrote:
> I've tried yalla 0.4.2 and it won't resolve host names...
> Do I need 0.5.1 ?

No, what you need is yaala 0.5.3 which I released just minutes ago.

The reverse lookups are a rather dirty hack, so it is turned off by
default. If turned on, yaala will so reverse lookups even when it is not
neccessary, slowing it down a lot!

I had to move the reverse-lookup call into the parser, since some fields
of the webserver-parsers (top level domain, e. g.) rely on the name being
resolved.

The next step is to have the parser check what fields are being used and
then decide wether a lookup makes sense or not. qMax, is there a way to
get a simple list of all fields being used?

Oh, by the way: The browser- and OS-recognition code has been improved
too. Some OSes (win 2k/xp) have been added, as well as some browsers
(phoenix, chimera, ..).

Have fun :)
-octo

--=20