[yaala] Re: Yaala 0.4.2

Florian Forster yaala@verplant.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:59:37 -0500

--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:22:11AM -0500, hypers@online.be wrote:
> I have a network of 1800 squid-proxy users. After i try to analyze the lo=
gs
> of 3 days or more u'r script isn't able to do that.
> IS there a limit concerning size of the accesslog ?

Oh.. Besides being impressed that yaala managed to handle more than one
week: No, there isn't a limit in yaala itself. There might be limits in
your version of perl, your OS or, at least, in your physical RAM. However,
the amount of memory yaala consumes is way too much and the responsible
routines are just being redone.

> Can u maybe give the newer version withou the extra's ?

Er, no.. However, the actual amount of memory used depends on your
configuration, so if you get rid of some not-so-essential selects it might
help.

--=20
Florian Forster
http://octo-pus.de/