[yaala] So, lets actually do something...

Florian Forster yaala@verplant.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:58:27 -0500

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 01:02:02PM +0600, qmax wrote:
> I mean that we (me) should through (almost) all my code away.
> Thgen take your yaala 0.5.2 release and modify it feature-by-feature
> to make new usable release.

I think we should rather start by defining a clean and simple interface.=20
If should be able to:
- be configurable (%Parser::datafields, e.g.)
- store data according to the configuration (Data::store, which I would=20
  like to rename to Data::store_data, since with the imported subroutines
  more descriptive names are more appropriate, I guess)
- retrieve data

The storage is propably the most important and the most difficult at the
same time, so we should start with it.

> I guess, the optimal way is:
>   $hash->{$keysequence_def}{$val1}{$val2}{$val3}{$expr_def}

Sounds good :) Is expression something like 'SUM(bytes)' ?

> Parser itself has no interface at all - it should only provide data
> labels and types, and then use data::store()
> There's nothing to configure in general.

Well, the webserver-parsers do need to know the own domain-name(s) or how
exact you want the referers, the netacct module needs to know about
subnets and their names, so there is the need to load additional
configuration files, since I don't want to have all that in the main
configuration. See lib/Config.pm (added in 0.5.1)

> select <aggregations> by <keys> where <filters>;

Yeah, that looks clean and easy :)

> This requires full-featured grammar parser.
> My polish calculus with simple precedence is appropriable for this.

Cool :)

> Still have no time to code :(
> But i hope i'll find out some resources,
> cos i realy need those features for work.

Well, I could start writing the new Data::store_data routine, if you want
me to. Just let me know :)

> qMax

Yeah, one more thing: If you rather want your real name appear on the
Homepageor so, just let me know that, too ;)

--=20
Florian Forster
http://octo-pus.de/

#!/usr/bin/perl