[SSC Serv] Terminal Services monitoring on Windows Server 2008

Wayne Tucker wtucker at focus-sys.com
Tue Sep 30 01:04:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm testing the SSC demo for monitoring some Windows Server 2008
systems.  The cpu, interface, and memory monitors work great, but the
terminal server information is not being sent to the collector.  I get
the following errors in the event logs when the SSC service is started:

translate_pdh_counter: PdhMakeCounterPath [0] failed: The operation
completed successfully.
utils_pdh: translate_pdh_counter (\Terminal Services\Inactive Sessions)
failed.
translate_pdh_counter: PdhMakeCounterPath [0] failed: The operation
completed successfully.
utils_pdh: translate_pdh_counter (\Terminal Services\Active Sessions)
failed.
utils_pdh: PdhGetFormattedCounterArray[1] failed: The handle is invalid.
utils_pdh: PdhGetFormattedCounterArray[1] failed: The operation
completed successfully.
utils_pdh: PdhGetFormattedCounterArray[1] failed: The operation
completed successfully.
utils_pdh: PdhGetFormattedCounterArray[1] failed: The operation
completed successfully.

Does the current build of SSC (the demo appears to be a beta from
2008/05/28) have the ability to collect this information on Server 2008?
  I'm guessing that MS changed the method that needs to be used to
access those data in this version of Windows.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. Are there any plans to support plugins?