[liboping] Liboping 1.6.0: oping.c:338: warning: 'prec' may be used uninitialized in this function

Florian Forster ff at octo.it
Wed Feb 16 09:53:16 CET 2011

Hi James,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:07:38PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
>     oping.c: In function 'main':
>     oping.c:338: warning: 'prec' may be used uninitialized in this function
>     oping.c:337: warning: 'class' may be used uninitialized in this function
>     make[3]: *** [oping.o] Error 1

your version of GCC doesn't notice that one branch of the code will quit
the program using exit(3). It therefore thinks that it is possible that
those two variables are used without initialization afterwards.

I've fixed this in the Git repository [0] and will package an updated
version soon. Thanks for reporting this problem!

> I tried to compiled the git sources, and when running autoconf, got:
>
>      # autoconf
>     configure.ac:4: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

You need a couple more commands to generate the entire build system.
It's probably easiest to use "autoreconf -fi" which should do all that
needs to be done.

Best regards,
—octo

[0] <http://octo.cx/b1ef1b5>