[liboping] Re: liboping Perl wrapper

Fri Dec 15 16:05:24 CET 2006

On 15 Dec 2006 at 11:23, Florian Forster wrote:

> if you want you can start from there, but as far as I
> can tell it's merely cleaning up the messy bits and writing some
> documentation..

construct, add_host and send work. tcpdump says that this program
actually pings:

use Net::Oping;
my $obj;
my $host = 'some.pingable.host.name';
$obj = Net::Oping::construct();
Net::Oping::host_add($obj, $host);
Net::Oping::send($obj);

Now I'm entangled with ping_iterator_get_info, which is not so
entirely trivial. As time permits, I'm starting to read "man
perlguts" and "man perlxs" in order to have it return an hash or
array of all the possible info that it can retrieve.

I will keep you informed when (and if) I actually make some progress.

Regards,
							Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi
Tel +39-0514392826 Fax +39-0516153683 bergonz.trailing-username(a)leading-domain.labs.it