[liboping] Re: liboping Perl wrapper

Fri Dec 15 10:34:04 CET 2006

Hi Michele,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:09:14AM +0100, Michele Bergonzoni wrote:
> I plan to use liboping in perl, and so I am about to write the wrapper
> (.xs) for it.

oh, great :)

> I have no experience whatsoever in writing ad .xs, so if you have some
> incomplete work done, I would gladly finish it rather than do it from
> scratch (of course I will send back to you whatever I accomplish, and
> you will keep the copyright of everything).

Oh, it's been a while since I last wrote XS code. It's always a good
choice to start with `h2xs' and then go from there, but that's about all
I recall right now ;) Since I use Perl a lot myself, just send whatever
you have and I'll try to help you out as good as I can.

> Also, what name do you prefer for the resulting module? Is
> "Net::Liboping" ok?

I think `Net::Oping' would be a better choice, though there are some
Perl-module which preserve the `lib' in the name, namely `Net::LibIDN',
`Net::LibLO', and `Net::LibNIDS'.