[collectd] homemade plugin not working after upgrade to 5.12.0

Andreas Schuldei andreas at schuldei.org
Sun Nov 7 16:48:05 CET 2021

Hi!

I wrote some collectd perl plugins back in 2015, and updated plugin and
collectd several times since. (i run debian stable, so there were only a
few updates.)

Recently I upgraded to debian 11-1 (bullseye) and to its collectd 5.12.0.
Since then, one of my plugin stopped working. It gets initialized, but I
dont see it`s read method being called. The last sign of life is see is
my_config() finishing.

Did something change in the way collectd calls my_read()? Do i need to add
some config option so it would start polling the plugin? (the other plugin
i wrote back then works fine, btw.)

can i see somehow if the plugin_register() calls all registered properly?
Can i see if collectd has my_read() and actually tries to call it?

Kind regards,

Andreas