[collectd] SNMPv3+DTLS support for collectd-snmp

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed May 5 11:20:34 CEST 2021

On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 10:32:25AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 04 May 2021, at 18:53, Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de> wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry about the delay.
> >
> > Unfortunately, my hands are tied and I can not fix upstream CI as
> > I don't have access to the project settings to e.g disable travis,
> > which prevents us from merging anything.
> >
> > This topic came up in the recent OpenStack project team gathering
> > and we decided to fork the project to be able to run a CI env[1].
> >
> > You'll see, pull requests are disabled. While this is not intended
> > to replace collectd upstream, it can be used to pull in newer patches
> > like the ones linked.
> >
> > However, my time is very limited these days, and I didn't get to any
> > more work there. I have asked a colleague to look at the CI in the fork
> > to get it going there. I would try to get CI in place first and then
> > pull in patches proposed to upstream into the fork.
> >
> > If you want to help: I'd need a second pair of eyes to get
> > the github actions work properly.
>
> Is there a way to make contact with Github support and see if they can help to switch the CI off so it can be redone?
>
> I’ve had good response from Github in the past (in a commercial license setting).

While I may have contacts to Github, that would require them to modify
a project setting. TBH, I am sceptical how legal that would be and would
not want to ask someone to do something questionable.

Ideally, octo would find a few minutes in his spare time and would
turn off the travis integration.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>