[collectd] Version 6: write_influxdb_udp

Carlos Peon Costa carlospeon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:37:00 CEST 2020

Hello:

I'm testing the cpu and write_influxdb_udp plugins and I'm storing this:

cpu_usage_total
cpu | state   | value | time
 0  | user    | 0.100 | 1601476824514
 0  | system  | 0.200 | 1601476824514
 0  | wait    | 0.200 | 1601476824514

First one, I miss a "hostname" label, should write plugins complete this info?

On the other side I would like to store data as:

cpu_usage_total
cpu | user  | system | wait  | time
 0  | 0.100 | 0.200  | 0.300 | 1601476824514

Storing data in this way has several benefits outside the collectd scope. May I
ask you if it is planned to allow this? For example, having a specific "label"
that can put a name to the value, and let the write plugin choose to use it as
a value name or just store it as another regular "label".

Best regards,
Carlos.