[collectd] BMP280 barometric pressure sensor

Phil Endecott spam_from_collectd at chezphil.org
Mon Sep 10 21:47:38 CEST 2018

Dear All,

I have acquired a BMP280 barometric pressure sensor.  This is a newer
version of the BMP085 which is supported by collectd's barometer plugin.
Has anyone investigated this device for collectd support?  If not, I
will see if I can hack the current BMP085 driver to work with it.

I note that there is now a kernel driver for these i2c pressure sensors.
So perhaps the better solution would be for collectd to support this API
instead.  Has anyone looked at that?  Personally, this is not a good
approach for me because the board I'm using requires an older kernel that
predates the addition of this kernel driver.

Please Cc: me in any replies; I am subscribed to the digest so I only
see posts after a significant delay.

Regards, Phil.