[collectd] [ANN]: An alternative postgres writer, pg-collectd
nbabcock19 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:41:57 CET 2018
pg-collectd provides an (unofficial) alternative and opinionated postgres collectd writer plugin, where flexibility is traded in for performance and ease of use.
- It achieves a 4x reduction in db cpu usage compared to using collectd's default postgres writer + setup
- If one is running Debian based system and collectd 5.4+ (eg: Ubuntu 14.04+) one can `dpkg -i` the provided debs. If using another distro, one can compile from source (Rust).
- pg-collectd works by flattening the collectd metrics and `COPY` them directly to the db.
Depending on your use case, this plugin won't replace collectd's native postgres plugin as:
- pg-collectd must insert into a single table
- pg-collectd must insert into a table called "collectd_metrics" (work in progress)
- pg-collectd cannot communicate over TLS (work in progress)
Anyways, if anyone has thoughts or suggestions please share them or raise an issue.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the collectd