[collectd] [Libguestfs] collectd leaks SIGCHLD == SIG_IGN into plugins

Sven Trenkel collectd at semidefinite.de
Tue Nov 13 12:36:51 CET 2018

On 2018-11-13 12:25, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

The problem with all of this is that all the different plugins that
expect different SIGCHLD behaviour are running in the same process and
you can only have one behaviour for all of them. I encountered that with
the Python plugin years ago, documented in the collectd-python man page.
That's why
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/blob/master/contrib/python/getsigchld.py
exists. Note the warning about it breaking the exec plugin because it
has different expectations. I'm not sure if there is any good solution
for this problem.