[collectd] Resource consumption by collectd plugins

vathan Lal vattanlal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:18:50 CEST 2017

Hello,

Iam new to collectd and I installed collectd in a VM to collect different
performance metrics from the VM and I really liked collectd. I tested
various plugins and all are working fine. What is interesting to me is to
find what is the impact of these plugins in the overall performance of the
system. For that iam interested in knowing what is the resource consumption
of a particular collectd plugin. For eg: I want to know what is the CPU,
RAM usage ... of collectd plugin:Memory. Is there any options exist to see
it?? or what is the best way to find it?? Any help in this direction is
really appreciated.