[collectd] What is the default consolidation function for rrd databases?

Andreas Schuldei andreas at schuldei.org
Thu Oct 12 22:52:50 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am getting more interested in the data stored in my rrd files. As far as
i understand it, you have to specify the consolidation funktion(s) for the
data, that is used when aggregating, when you create the rrd file (with
rrdtool create, when done manually).

What would the equivalend manual "rrdfile create" invocation be, for the
default used by collectd? What cosolidation functions are used by default?
Are MIN, MAX and AVERAGE calcualted and stored in the rrd files for the
individual aggregation intervals?

Thanks,

Andreas