[collectd] Feature freeze for version 5.8 on Nov 1

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Wed Nov 1 06:34:08 CET 2017

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 08:58:30PM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> To prepare for the release, we're going to "freeze" the 5.8 release on
> November 1st, meaning that after Nov 1 we're only going to accept
> bugfixes into 5.8 – new features will be merged into "master" as
> usual.

this just happened: I've created the "collectd-5.8" branch. Only bug
fixes are allowed into that branch and on November 15 we're going to
create the 5.8.0 release from it.

I'll create and publish a Release Candidate soon to simplify testing.
Please specify the version as "5.8" when reporting bugs.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org