[collectd] ancient pod2man problem

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Sat Jul 1 10:49:14 CEST 2017

	Hello Florian and folks,
just in case it's still relevant for anyone, collectd.conf.pod
from 5.5.2 chokes pod2man from perl-5.16.3:

collectd.conf.pod around line 6723: Expected text after =item, not a number
collectd.conf.pod around line 6725: Expected text after =item, not a number
collectd.conf.pod around line 6727: Expected text after =item, not a number
POD document had syntax errors at /usr/bin/pod2man line 68.

Typically suggested Z<> fixes don't really fix the resulting manpage
but it's garbled a few more times like this:

    B   Bitmask of the list of elements to be thermally monitored.

This kludge results in a readable manpage using perl-5.22's
pod2man as well; too bad I'm not into POD at all to propose
a decent fix.

PS: of course I know it's 5.7.2 out there, just not much of
a sysadmin these days and our current package maintainer seems
to be a bit conservative when touching infrastructure bits ;-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info