[collectd] home grown perl module: configuration callback not working

Andreas Schuldei andreas at schuldei.org
Wed Feb 22 17:31:49 CET 2017

Hi,

I am writing a perl module for collecting data.

These are my plugin registration calls:
=====
plugin_register(TYPE_READ, $plugin_name, 'my_read');
plugin_register(TYPE_CONFIG, $plugin_name, 'my_config');
plugin_register(TYPE_INIT, $plugin_name, 'my_init');
=====

When starting collectd I get in the logfile:
===========
Feb 22 16:52:42 lazarus collectd[28359]: perl: Found a configuration for
the "OneWireCtlr" plugin, but the plugin isn't loaded or didn't register a
configuration callback.
===========

I added some debug output to my_read, my_config and my_init, and surely,
the my_config function is never called - the other two are.

the configuration in collectd.conf looks like this:
=====
[... some more ...]
<Plugin perl>
           BaseName "Collectd::Plugins"