[collectd] Check what is sent by network plugin?

Lindsay Holmwood lindsay at holmwood.id.au
Sun Aug 27 00:53:29 CEST 2017

Simplest options are:

1. Use wireshark to inspect the packets (if wireshark can't successfully
decode the packets, then you know there's a problem with how they're being
generated)
2. Fire up a standalone collectd server with the csv write plugin, and see
if any data is successfully written to csv files on disk.

It'd be worth checking the hawkular documentation to see what version of
collectd it's compatible with.

There were a couple of small changes between collectd 4 and 5 which could
cause hawkular to not decode the packets correctly.