[collectd] Version 5.6.0 available.
octo at collectd.org
Sun Sep 11 11:07:45 CEST 2016
we're proud to announce the availability of collectd 5.6.0. This release adds
many new features; to learn about all new features available, please see
the ChangeLog below. Let's quickly highlight three new plugins:
* The gRPC plugin implements an gRPC client and server in collectd.
The server accepts requests for submitting metrics to the daemon and
can list available metrics. The client can be used to send metrics
to a compatible gRPC server, for example another collectd instance.
collectd's Go package has already been updated to implemented both
client and server as well, allowing easy interaction between
collectd and Go code.
* The MQTT plugin implements communication via MQTT, a lightweight
messaging protocol. MQTTs small footprint makes it quite popular
with embedded devices and situations in which connections are
* The cpusleep plugin determines the amount of time CPUs have spent in
deep sleep. Battery powered devices often turn of the CPU completely
to minimize power usage.
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
66 people contributed to this release, which I think is a new record!
Many thanks to everybody who contributed:
Aman Gupta, Amy Lin, Antonio Russo, Arthur Gautier, Aurelien ROUGEMONT,
bbczeuz, Brad Davis, Brandon Arp, Brian Kelly, Brian Lalor, Brian ONeill,
Charles-Henri d'Adhémar, Chris Mayo, Christian Fetzer, Claudius Zingerli, Corey
Kosak, Dagobert Michelsen, David Crane, Fabien Wernli, fanyeren, Florian
Forster, Florian Schüller, Frank de Jong, Gergely Nagy, Havard Eidnes, James
Turnbull, Jan Andres, Jan-Piet Mens, Jenny Wong, Julien Ammous, Kevin Bowling,
lzmths, Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada, Marc Falzon, Marc Fournier, Marek Becka,
Mark McKinstry, Matteo Contrini, Matthias Bethke, Matwey V. Kornilov, Michal
Bebjak, Nicholas Humfrey, Nicolas JOURDEN, nydr, Pavel Rochnyack, Pierre-Yves
Ritschard, Pmoranga, Rachid Zarouali, Radu Brumariu, rinigus, R.I.Pienaar,
Ruben Kerkhof, Scott Talbert, Sebastian Harl, Sebastian Pfahl, skob, Stefán
Þorvarðarson, Sven Trenkel, Toni Moreno, trenkel, Vincent Bernat, vzubko,
Witold Baryluk, Xin Li, Yoga Ramalingam, Yves Mettier
Special thanks to Ruben Kerkhof who made many tree-wide changes for this
release, unifying and cleaning code across the project and fighting code
2016-09-11, Version 5.6.0
* Build system: An option to to avoid building the DF plugin against XFS
has been added. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1878
* Build system: Autoconf ≥ 2.60, a C99-capable compiler and pkg-config
are now required. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
* Build system: Building with "-Werror" is now optional. Thanks to Ruben
* Build system: Many compilation issues on non-Linux platforms have been
fixed, leading to wider plugin support. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof,
Dagobert Michelsen, Havard Eidnes and Robert Viduya.
* Build system: The configuration summary now also ends up in
config.log. Thanks to Sebastian Harl.
* collectd: All command-line options now override global options from
the config file. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #366
* collectd: A number of unit tests for commonly used functions have been
added. Thanks to Florian Forster.
* collectd: Plugins start up and read timeouts are now logged. Thanks to
Marc Fournier. #1293, #1254
* collectd: Support for a timeout has been added to "FLUSH" callbacks.
Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
* collectd: The "-T" command line switch now reports more errors. Thanks
to Corey Kosak. #1642
* collectd: The max size of value list elements ("DATA_MAX_NAME_LEN")
has been doubled and is now configurable at build time. Thanks to Amy
Lin, Florian Forster and Radu Brumariu. #1120
* Set target: The "MetaData" option has been added. Thanks to Yves
Mettier and Kevin Bowling. #1106, #1656, #1913
* AMQP, Write_HTTP, Write_Kafka plugins: Support for libyajl < 2 has
been added. Thanks to Florian Forster.
* APC UPS plugin: Parsing of end markers has been fixed. Thanks to
Florian Forster #617
* APC UPS plugin: The "PersistentConnection" option has been added.
Thanks to Florian Forster #617
* ceph, DNS, Exec, IPTables, Ping, turbostat plugins: When running
unprivileged, these plugins will now warn about insuffiscient
permissions or capabilities(7). Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1530
* Chrony plugin: This new plugin collects NTP data from the chrony NTP
server. Thanks to Claudius Zingerli. #1548
* cpusleep plugin: This new plugin measures time spent by CPU in deep
sleep mode. Thanks to Rinigus. #1826
* CPU plugin: The "ReportNumCpu" option has been added. Thanks to Fabien
* cURL, cURL-JSON, cURL-XML plugins: The new "Statistics" reports
various per-HTTP connection timers. Thanks to Sebastian Harl. #1004
* DBI plugin: The "Interval" option has been added to "Database" blocks.
Thanks to Michal Bebjak.
* Disk plugin: Support for FreeBSD has been added. Thanks to Xin Li,
Brad Davis, Ruben Kerfhof and Kevin Bowling.
* Empty Counter match: Support for derives has been implemented. Thanks
to Florian Forster. #1813
* GenericJMX plugin: Support for TabularData and the "PluginName" option
have been added. Thanks to David Crane. #1290, #1291
* GPS plugin: This new plugin reports the number of sattelites seen by
and precision of a GPS receiver. Thanks to Nicolas Jourden. #1346
* gRPC plugin: This new client and server plugin allows sending and
receiving metrics using the gRPC protocol. Comparable to the UnixSock
plugin, but using TCP and TLS. Thanks to Sebastian Harl and Florian
* Interface plugin: Reporting dropped packets has been added. Thanks to
Marc Falzon. #1555
* Interface plugin: The "ReportInactive" has been added, letting users
skip inactive network interfaces. Thanks to Rinigus. #1791
* Interface plugin: The new, Solaris-only "UniqueName" option has been
added. Thanks to Yoga Ramalingam. #1416
* Lua plugin: This new language binding allows writing plugins using the
Lua programming language. Thanks to Julien Ammous, Florian Forster and
* Memory plugin: Reporting of ARC memory on Solaris has been added.
Thanks to Brian ONeill.
* MQTT plugin: This new plugin sends metrics to and/or receives metrics
from an MQTT broker. Thanks to Marc Falzon, Jan-Piet Mens, Nicholas
Humfrey and Florian Forster. #805, #1124
* MySQL plugin: Connection to the database server can now be done over
SSL. Thanks to Brian Lalor. #1256
* MySQL plugin: Monitoring slow queries has been added. Thanks to skob.
* MySQL plugin: mysql_bpool_pages-flushed has been renamed to
mysql_bpool_counters-pages_flushed because the value is cumulative.
Thanks to Marek Becka.
* MySQL plugin: Support for Galera statistics has been added. Thanks to
Rachid Zarouali. #1849
* MySQL plugin: Support for InnoDB metrics was improved. Thanks to Aman
* MySQL plugin: The "mysql_sort" type has been split into 3 different
types. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1592
* Network plugin: Decryption error logging has been improved. Thanks to
Pavel Rochnyack. #1735
* Notify Nagios plugin: This new plugin sends notifications to Nagios as
a passive check result. Thanks to Florian Forster.
* NTPd plugin: The plugin now detects if the ntp daemon reports
nanoseconds instead of microseconds. Thanks to Matwey V. Kornilov.
* OpenLDAP plugin: Several connection-related improvements have been
made. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1308
* OpenLDAP plugin: Support for "simple authentication" has been added.
Thanks to Marek Becka. #1087
* Ping plugin: The "Size" option has been added, allowing the ICMP data
payload size to be configured. Thanks to Witold Baryluk. #1395
* PostgreSQL, DBI, Oracle plugins: The new "PluginInstanceFrom" option
has been added. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1707
* PowerDNS plugin: The recursor metrics have been updated to 3.7.3 and
missing rr types have been added. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof.
* Processes plugin: Counting of context switches was added for Linux.
Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada. #1036
* Processes plugin: Improve reliability of thread counts on Linux.
Thanks to Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada.
* Python plugin: Minimal Python version requirement has been bumped to
2.6. Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1864
* Redis plugin: Several additional metrics are now collected. Thanks to
Marc Falzon and Matteo Contrini. #1807, #1483
* Sensors plugin: The "UseLabels" option has been added. Thanks to
* SMART plugin: The new "IgnoreSleepMode" option has been added. Thanks
to Scott Talbert. #1770
* SMART plugin: The new "UseSerial" option allows identifying devices in
a stable way. Thanks to Scott Talbert. #1794
* SNMP plugin: The "IpAddress" can now be used for instances. Thanks to
Vincent Bernat. #1397
* StatsD plugin: Latency calculation histogram is now able to shrink
automatically to optimal size. Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1622
* StatsD plugin: The "CounterSum" option has been added. Thanks to
Florian Forster. #929, #1282, #1311
* UUID plugin: The plugin now also looks in in smbios system table and
"/sys/class/dmi". Thanks to Ruben Kerkhof. #1490
* virt plugin: The "PluginInstanceFormat" option has been added. Thanks
to Ruben Kerkhof. #1100
* Write Graphite plugin: The "ReconnectInterval" option has been added.
Thanks to Toni Moreno and Florian Forster.
* Write HTTP plugin: A KairosDB formatter has been added. Thanks to
Aurélien Rougemont. #1809
* Write HTTP plugin: Notifications are now handled by this plugin.
Thanks to Florian Forster.
* Write HTTP plugin: The "LogHttpError" option has been added. Thanks to
* Write HTTP plugin: The new "Headers" option allows setting custom HTTP
headers in outgoing requests. Thanks to Brandon Arp. #1634
* Write Kafka plugin: Key handling has been made more comprehensive and
reliable. Thanks to Florian Forster, Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Vincent
Bernat. #1765, #1695, #1393
* Write Redis plugin: The "Database", "MaxSetSize", "Prefix" and
"StoreRates" options have been added. Thanks to Brian Kelly and
* Write Riemann plugin: The new "BatchFlushTimeout" and "Timeout" option
have been added. Thanks to Pierre-Yves Ritschard and Gergely Nagy.
* Write Riemann plugin: This plugin now requires the riemann-c-client
library, version 1.6.0+. This adds support for submitting values to
Riemann over TLS. Thanks to Gergely Nagy. #986
* Write TSDB, Write Sensu, Write Riemann, Write Graphite, Write TSDB
plugin: TCP keepalive is now enabled, helping graceful recovery from
unclean network disconnections. Thanks to Marc Fournier. #1549
* XenCPU plugin: This new plugin collects XEN Hypervisor CPU stats.
Thanks to Pavel Rochnyack. #1608
* ZFS ARC plugin: Several new statistics have been added and a couple of
obsolete ones removed. Thanks to Brad Davis, Brian ONeill and Ruben
* Zone plugin: This new plugin reads per-zone CPU usage on Solaris.
Thanks to Mathijs Mohlmann and Dagobert Michelsen.
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd