[collectd] Multiple prefixes for graphite at different resolutions.

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 23 22:20:00 CET 2016

Jerry Lombardo <jerrylombardo at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using collectD to poll servers at a 5 minute interval and pushing it
> out using write graphite.
>

> I'd like to keep that 5 minute polling going but then run a second
> temporary poll at say a 30 sec interval and push that to graphite under a
> different prefix.   The purpose of this is higher resolution metrics for
> troubleshooting or load testing events.
>

> What is the best way to accomplish this?

You'll need to run 2 concurrent collectd instances, with different
Interval and Prefix (write_graphite) settings.

Another option is to set different aggregation policies in carbon's
storage-schemas.conf and define 2 write_graphite <Node> blocks, pointing to
the same server but with a different Prefix.

HTH,
Marc