[collectd] collectd inside a container monitoring the host

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 16 10:26:34 CET 2016

Maurizio Vitale <mrz.vtl at gmail.com> writes:

> There's another way that consists in LD_PRELOADing a shared object that
> intercepts all calls to fopen and prepend a prefix to filenames.

I like this approach, and actually have implemented such a wrapper and
have been using it for a couple of weeks now. So far so good.

See https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/2041

This way, no need to modify or rebuild collectd itself. It should work
with any existing or future version, with out-of-tree plugins, and even
with other tools than collectd ;-)

Marc