[collectd] virt2: a rewrite of the virt plugin

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 12:33:54 CET 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi PrzemyslawX, Florian

The PR was just opened:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/2037

the code is in its final form, but I'm still testing it.

It is a pretty big change, so I decided to file the PR as soon as possible,
despite the test is still ongoing.

I'm *not* aiming for inclusion in the upcoming 5.7, so no rush on my side.

> We're interested in extending virt plugin metrics. However, given your work
> it seems counterproductive to change current implementation now.

I have more changes in the pipeline:
https://github.com/mojaves/collectd/commit/44f1710598c381b3613f8243b482d4f64bba3171
because I want to address https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/1945
this seem to require some types.db changes, so I'll post a new thread about it in the coming days,
once pr2037 is discussed (and hopefully merged :)

--
Francesco Romani
Red Hat Engineering Virtualization R & D