[collectd] collectd 5.7 release schedule

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Nov 8 08:29:51 CET 2016

Hello,

Marc, Sebastian and I met yesterday and discussed the next feature
release, version 5.7. We agreed on the following schedule:

* November 11: 5.7 will enter a "feature freeze": we're going to create
  the "collectd-5.7" branch based on master. From that point onwards,
  only bug fixes will to into this branch.
* after November 11: one or more "release candidates" will be available
  as release tarballs.
* December 12: 5.7.0 will be tagged and the final release tarballs will
  be published.

If you're working on a feature: hurry. If you're waiting for feedback on
an issue or pull request, now would be a good time to ping that issue.

There will be one final patch release for the 5.5 branch before 5.7 is
released.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org