[collectd] collectd on Windows

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 20 12:15:11 CET 2016

Excerpts from François-Xavier Choinière's message of 2016-01-19 00:08:05 +0000:
> Hi,
> I manage a network with hybrid OS, Linux and ... Windows :-(.
> I tried sscserv but the support is not good and it's not open source.
> I've tried to compile collectd on Windows with cygwin and the core seems to
> compile.
> Any of you think it's a good idea to compile the core on Windows and add a
> specific plugin for Windows.
> I can put some time on it. Like that you could have an official Windows
> port.

I'm aware the Stackdriver folks have done some work in this direction.
Unfortunately it didn't get to the point of a formal review/merge
request.

Maybe would you like to get in touch with them and take over this
project ?

Take a look at https://github.com/kele/collectd/branches/all and
https://github.com/kele/collectd/pulls

Have fun :-)